KA2. Capacity Building in the field of higher education:
What is the opportunity?
Capacity-building projects in the field of higher education are cooperation projects between the Eu universities and Egyptian universities, based on multilateral partnerships, primarily between higher education institutions from Programme and eligible Partner Countries. To increase cooperation with the EU, improve the quality of higher education and its alignment with labour market needs and strengthen the capacity of management, governance, and innovation, as well as internationalisation.
Capacity building projects typically focus on one of three main activities:
- curriculum development activities
- modernisation of governance and management of HEIs and systems
- strengthening of relations between higher education and the wider economic and social environment
There are two types of projects:
- Joint projects, which aim to support organisations from partner countries (i.e. through curriculum development, modernisation of management, etc.), and
- Structural Projects, which aim to strengthen higher education systems and promote reforms at national and/or regional level.
Projects typically last 2 or 3 years and the grant varies between EUR 500,000 and EUR 1 million. It can be used to cover staff costs, travel costs, costs of stay, equipment and sub-contracting activities.
How do you apply?
Applications should be submitted online under one of the annual calls for proposals published by the Education Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency.
For more information.. click here.